Time Raisers are opinion leaders, authoritative voices and advocates in favor of children’s protection from violence. At least 20% of them should be children. Through their highly prominent involvement, Time Raisers will promote a culture of non-violence and respect for children’s rights, inspiring others to join.
Time raisers can join by committing to:
- Sign a pledge for children;
- Support the High Time to End Violence against Children through concrete action;
- Mobilizing other Time Raisers to join, including children.
Examples of Time Raisers: Heads of State and Government, Nobel Peace Prize Laureates, leaders of faith-based organizations, Young Leaders, Private Sector CEOs, leaders from the world of culture, media, sports and the arts, including writers, architects, designers, actors, singers, athletes, etc.
Time keepers can join the High Time to End Violence against Children initiative as supporters and/ or implementing partners:
- As supporters by:
- Committing and undertaking concrete action to end violence against children;
- Identifying opportunities for the promotion of the initiative;
- Mobilizing their constituencies and networks.
- As implementing partners by:
- Providing a platform for action at national or local level, monitoring activities, in particular by taking all necessary measures to minimize risks and enhance child safety;
- Helping to measure progress.
Examples of Time Keepers: UN agencies and actors, International and Regional organizations and institutions, Ombudspersons, International civil Society organizations, Professional networks, Networks of Mayors, Business sector alliances, International Child-led Organizations.
Time Givers are people giving time, energy and influence via partner organizations, institutions, communities, companies and networks operating at national and local level. They will form the force to really end violence against children.